Senior Engineer - Java/Mule
Location: CO - Denver
Req Number: 251
Functional Group: Engineering - Software
We are looking for a Software Engineer to Design, develop, maintain and test Java/J2EE applications in Enterprise Service Bus Integrated platform for Over-the-Top Video Services. If you are an experienced Java developer and are looking for an opportunity to use your skills in a growing department with a stable organization, please continue to read the information below.
* Develop code based on requirements documents, including development of use cases and test plans.
* Work collaboratively with and support the needs of other teams and organizations to achieve product development goals.
* Proactively develop strategies and procedures to help the team work more efficiently and effectively, and to improve the quality and maintainability of code.
* Participate in code reviews, brainstorming meetings, and cross training sessions.
* Mentor less experienced engineers by assisting them with development processes, and acting as a technical resource for code development and debug.
* Generate architectural documents for new and re-designed code modules, and lead design and code review meetings.
* 5-6 years of Java/J2EE software design and development.
* Working knowledge of Web/Application Servers such as Apache HTTP, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic etc.
* Used to working in Linux/Unix (highly preferred) platform and hands-on shell scripting experience.
* BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent 4 year technical degree
* Experience in solving complex technical problems, and of assisting less senior engineers in problem resolution.
* Strong experience in working with software source control systems, with knowledge of Subversion preferred.
* Experience with video technologies and its delivery are highly desirable.
* Proven experience on Mule or other Enterprise Service Bus platforms is preferable.
* MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred
EchoStar delivers innovative products and services that power global communication, commerce and entertainment. Through our market-leading Digital Broadcast Centers across North America, we operate one the world’s largest and most advanced digital broadcast networks, serving over 17 million end users every day. Our historical pioneering development of market solutions such as satellite spot-beam technology, end-to-end MPEG4 video delivery, placeshifting, whole home DVR sharing and VSAT data network management have consistently set new standards in the industry.
EchoStar provides a variety of benefits for all employees. In addition to health and wellness benefits that support a new era in healthcare management, we provide unique benefits including Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase, Discounted rates on HughesNet and Dish Network services, Slingbox discounts and much more.
For a complete list of benefits and specific company detail please visit www.echostar.com
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)